Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.67 in (1004.7 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Norwood Memorial Airport (KOWD)
Lat: 42.19°N Lon: 71.17°W Elev: 49ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Patchy fog after 5pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 46. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 3am, then freezing rain and sleet between 3am and 4am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 4am. Patchy fog before 8pm, then Patchy fog between 9pm and 1am. Low around 17. East wind 8 to 16 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Snow showers, mainly before noon. High near 21. Wind chill values as low as zero. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -5. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Southwest wind around 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Norfolk, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE