Winter weather forecast for Rockies and southern Plains
A developing storm system will bring snow to parts of the Rockies and southern Plains on Friday, which will move into the central U.S. on Saturday. Freezing rain is also forecast from Texas to the mid-Mississippi Valley and into the Carolinas. Meanwhile, temperatures will be 20-40 degrees below normal across parts of the central and southern U.S. on Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
Barometer30.35 in (1027.7 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Norwood, Norwood Memorial Airport (KOWD)
Lat: 42.19 Lon: -71.17 Elev: 49ft.
This Afternoon Mostly sunny. Cold with highs in the lower 20s. Northwest winds around 5 mph. Tonight Partly cloudy in the evening...then clearing. Cold with lows 6 below to zero. Northwest winds around 5 mph. Saturday Sunny. Cold with highs in the upper 20s. West winds around 5 mph. Saturday Night Mostly clear. Not as cold with lows around 7 above. West winds around 5 mph. Sunday Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 30. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Sunday Night Snow likely. Not as cool. Near steady temperature in the mid 20s. Chance of snow 60 percent. Monday Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of snow. Highs in the mid 30s. Monday Night Mostly clear. Cooler with lows 10 to 15. Tuesday Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of snow. Highs in the lower 30s. Tuesday Night Snow likely. Not as cool with lows in the mid 20s. Chance of snow 60 percent. Wednesday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 30s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain showers. Lows in the lower 30s. Thursday Partly sunny with a chance of rain showers. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE