Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedNW 9 MPH
- Barometer30.33 in
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-6°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Hailey, Friedman Memorial Airport (KSUN)
Lat: 43.5 Lon: -114.3 Elev: 5318ft.
7 Miles WNW Hailey ID
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 10. Wind chill values as low as -3. Northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 28. Wind chill values as low as -8. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Light and variable wind.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Calm wind.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Light north wind.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Big and Little Wood River Region, ID
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE