Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM SE Sturgeon Bay WI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:25 am CDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am CDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 8, 2014
- Overnight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W around 6 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind 6 to 8 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers before 1pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 1pm and 4pm, then a slight chance of showers after 4pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A slight chance of showers before 7pm. Patchy fog after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SW wind 5 to 11 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind 9 to 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 12 to 14 kt becoming W after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind around 12 kt, with gusts as high as 19 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night N wind 10 to 12 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE