Winter storm to bring heavy snow from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system in the central U.S. will push east setting the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow is forecast from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, freezing rain is possible. Gusty winds and blowing snow could lead to blizzard conditions for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM SE Sturgeon Bay WI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:55 am CST Feb 1, 2015
Forecast Valid: 9am CST Feb 1, 2015-6pm CST Feb 7, 2015
- Today NE wind 16 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. A chance of snow, mainly before 10am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNE wind 10 to 17 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night WSW wind 9 to 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming NW in the evening. A chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind 7 to 12 kt, with gusts as high as 18 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind 9 to 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday N wind around 8 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE