Arctic air to drop temperatures across the northern Plain and northern Rockies; will bring snow to the Intermountain West
An arctic front is forecast to plunge through the northern Plains and northern Rockies on Saturday bringing a drastic drop in temperatures across these areas with a burst of snow over much of the Intermountain Region. Arctic air will also filter into the Pacific Northwest bringing with it snow showers and subfreezing low temperatures.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM SE Sturgeon Bay WI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:40 pm CST Nov 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm CST Nov 28, 2014-6pm CST Dec 5, 2014
- Tonight S wind 8 to 10 kt. Snow showers and sleet likely before midnight, then scattered snow showers between midnight and 5am, then a chance of flurries after 5am. Patchy fog after midnight. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind 10 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 19 kt. Patchy fog before 10am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 7 to 11 kt becoming W after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday W wind 7 to 13 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 19 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NW wind 13 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday NW wind 10 to 17 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday N wind 10 to 19 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind 12 to 17 kt becoming W after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE