Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
Coldwater Ridge-Mt St Helens (MSH32)
Lat: 46.3 Lon: -122.26 Elev: 3199ft.
Mount St Helens WA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. High near 34. Breezy, with a south wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tonight Snow showers. Low around 30. South wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Friday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Increasing clouds, with a low around 30. West wind around 6 mph becoming northeast in the evening. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. East wind around 7 mph becoming south in the morning.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Breezy.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Washington Cascades, WA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE