Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.27 in (1029.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-19°F (-28°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Falls International Airport (KINL)
Lat: 48.58 Lon: -93.38 Elev: 1179ft.
2 Miles SE Island View MN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -7. Wind chill values between -30 and -40. North wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to near -21 by midnight, then rising to around -15 during the remainder of the night. Wind chill values between -25 and -30. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy and cold, with a high near 2. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -16. Wind chill values between -20 and -30. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 1. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 8.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Thursday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 6.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Koochiching County, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE