Tropical Storm Bertha moving toward northeastern Caribbean
The National Hurricane Center is currently monitoring Tropical Storm Bertha as it moves toward the northeastern Caribbean, with maximum sustained winds of 50 mph. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, with Bertha expected to pass just south of Puerto Rico on Saturday, before eventually curving to the north and northeast, away from the U.S. mainland.
9NM W Coffman Cove AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:42 pm AKDT Aug 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKDT Aug 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE EASTERN GULF WILL GRADUALLY SHIFT EAST AS
THE LOW OVER THE CENTRAL GULF DRIFTS TO THE WEST THROUGH SUNDAY.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE