Severe weather possible for parts of central Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains, from northeastern Colorado into portions of southwestern Nebraska and northwestern Kansas. Large hail, damaging straight-line winds will be the main threats, though a couple of tornadoes are possible, as well.
14NM W Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:26 am AKDT Aug 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2pm AKDT Aug 27, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL EXTEND
OVER THE NE GULF THROUGH WED. THE NEXT LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE
CENTRAL GULF THU.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers, mainly before 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE