Rain, thunderstorms possible for parts of Texas and Gulf Coast; additional rain and mountain snow forecast out West
A developing storm system will bring rain and thunderstorms across parts of South Texas and the western Gulf Coast on Thursday. Some of the thunderstorms that develop late Thursday night into Friday have the potential to be severe. Meanwhile, additional rainfall and mountain snow is forecast for northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM WNW Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:13 am AKST Dec 19, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKST Dec 19, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 25, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE SE GULF FRIDAY AND LIFT NW
INTO THE NORTHERN GULF FRI EVENING. ANOTHER GALE FORCE FRONT
WILL APPROACH THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE LATE FRI NIGHT.
- Today ESE wind 15 to 20 kt. Isolated showers before noon, then rain likely after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight ESE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ESE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 10 kt becoming S after midnight. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE