Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Wind SpeedSW 3 mph
Barometer30.00 in (1015.8 mb)
Current conditions at
Montgomery, Dannelly Field (KMGM)
Lat: 32.3 Lon: -86.4 Elev: 202ft.
Rest Of The Night Mostly clear. Near steady temperature in the mid 40s. Light winds. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds around 5 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Friday Night Mostly cloudy in the evening then clearing. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Saturday Breezy...cooler...sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Saturday Night Clear. Areas of frost after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Sunny. Areas of frost in the morning. Highs in the lower 60s. Sunday Night Clear. Lows in the upper 30s. Monday Sunny. Highs around 70. Monday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Tuesday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s. Tuesday Night Warmer. Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Wednesday Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Wednesday Night Cloudy with chance of rain showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Thursday Cloudy with chance of rain showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Chance of rain 40 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE