Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 631 AM EST SAT JAN 31 2015
South Shore Bays from Jones Inlet through Shinnecock Bay
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS EVENING...
...FREEZING SPRAY ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisLOW PRES NEAR THE CANADIAN MARITIMES WILL INTENSIFY AS IT DEPARTS.
MEANWHILE...HIGH PRES OVER THE OHIO VALLEY BUILDS WEST AND PASSES
SOUTH OF THE WATERS ON SUNDAY. LOW PRES APPROACHES FROM THE WEST AND
PASSES THROUGH THE WATERS MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRES RETURNS
FOR THE MID-WEEK PERIOD. A COLD FRONT MOVES ACROSS THE WATERS LATE
WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
- Today NW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt late. Gusts up to 40 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Freezing spray.
- Tonight NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt in the evening. Waves around 2 ft.
- Sun W winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sun Night N winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming E 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt after midnight. Waves 1 ft or less...then around 2 ft after midnight. Snow. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Mon NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Waves around 2 ft. Freezing rain. Snow in the morning...then sleet with snow likely in the afternoon. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Mon Night N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt...becoming NW 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Tue NW winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming SW 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wed SW winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon and evening...then becoming W 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Waves 1 to 2 ft. A chance of snow after midnight.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Shore Bays from Jones Inlet through Shinnecock Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE