Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 313 AM EDT THU OCT 2 2014
South Shore Bays from Jones Inlet through Shinnecock Bay
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM EDT THIS MORNING THROUGH
- SynopsisAN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL REMAIN OVER THE WATERS THROUGH
TODAY WHILE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN AT THE SURFACE TO END THE
WEEK. A COLD FRONT MOVES ACROSS WATERS ON SATURDAY. HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS IN FROM THE SOUTH ON SUNDAY AND MONDAY.
- Today N winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming NE 10 to 15 kt late. Gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 2 ft. A chance of light rain early this morning...then a slight chance of light rain late this morning and afternoon.
- Tonight NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Fri NE winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming E in the afternoon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Fri Night E winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sat SE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 2 ft. Showers.
- Sat Night W winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 2 ft. Showers likely in the evening.
- Sun W winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Mon SW winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon and evening. Waves around 2 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Shore Bays from Jones Inlet through Shinnecock Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE