Last Update: 928 AM EDT THU OCT 30 2014
South Shore Bays from Jones Inlet through Shinnecock Bay
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE AREA THROUGH TONIGHT. LOW PRESSURE
DEVELOPS OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST FRIDAY...THEN TRACKS NORTHEAST
TO EAST OF CAPE COD BY SATURDAY EVENING. MEANWHILE A SECONDARY LOW
FORMS OFF THE MID-ATLANTIC COAST SATURDAY...THEN TRACKS NORTHEAST TO
THE CANADIAN MARITIME PROVINCES BY SUNDAY EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE
THEN BUILDS IN TO THE WEST THEN SOUTH INTO MONDAY.
- Today NW winds around 5 kt...becoming 5 to 10 kt this afternoon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight N winds around 5 kt. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Fri NE winds around 5 kt...increasing to 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Fri Night NE winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt late. Gusts up to 25 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft. A chance of rain from late evening on.
- Sat NE winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming N 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves building to 2 to 3 ft. Rain likely.
- Sat Night N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt...increasing to 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain until early morning.
- Sun NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft...subsiding to 1 to 2 ft.
- Mon W winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Shore Bays from Jones Inlet through Shinnecock Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE