Heavy rain likely for portions of the Southeast on Friday
An area of low pressure in the northern Gulf of Mexico will bring several inches of rain to portions of the Southeast on Friday. Rain will be moderate to occasionally heavy at times and will make travel conditions difficult. Hardest hit areas are expected to be southern Alabama, southern Georgia and northern Florida where rainfall totals will range from 2 to 4 inches with locally higher amounts.
Barometer30.29 in (1025.2 mb)
Current conditions at
Chattanooga, Lovell Field (KCHA)
Lat: 35.04 Lon: -85.2 Elev: 689ft.
Today Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers early... Then a chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tonight Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers in the morning. Windy. Highs in the mid 60s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy in the evening then clearing. Lows in the lower 50s. Northeast winds up to 10 mph. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 50. Monday Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 50s. Tuesday Partly sunny with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Tuesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Wednesday Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Wednesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Thursday Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE