Storm system to bring winter weather from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system spinning over the central U.S. will set the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow will extend from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, marginal temps will lead to the possibility of a transition zone of sleet and freezing rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedE 3 mph
Barometer30.22 in (1023.3 mb)
Current conditions at
Gainesville, Gilmer Memorial Airport (KGVL)
Lat: 34.27 Lon: -83.83 Elev: 1273ft.
Rest Of Tonight Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Light east winds. Sunday A chance of rain in the morning...then rain likely in the afternoon. Highs 46 to 52. Southeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Sunday Night Rain. Lows in the upper 30s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent. Monday Mostly sunny. A 40 percent chance of rain in the morning. Highs in the mid 40s. Northwest winds around 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Monday Night Mostly clear. Colder. Lows in the mid 20s. North winds up to 10 mph. Tuesday Sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Tuesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 20s. Wednesday Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Lows in the mid 30s. Thursday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs around 50. Thursday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain or snow. Lows in the upper 20s. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. Friday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE