Winter storm bringing snow, sleet and freezing rain from lower Miss. Valley to Northeast
A strong cold front moving across the eastern U.S. will bring heavy snow from parts of the Ohio Valley to the Northeast on Thursday, with rain, freezing rain and sleet possible from parts of the lower Mississippi Valley across the Southeast to the southern Mid-Atlantic. Snowfall totals of 5-10 inches are possible for some areas. Winter Storm Warnings remain in effect from Texas to Nantucket.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedW 14 mph
Barometer30.09 in (1018.5 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Gainesville, Gilmer Memorial Airport (KGVL)
Lat: 34.27 Lon: -83.83 Elev: 1273ft.
Late This Afternoon Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Near steady temperature in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Friday Night Clear. Lows around 30. Light northwest winds. Saturday Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. West winds 5 to 15 mph. Saturday Night Clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Light northwest winds. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Sunday Night Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light rain. Lows in the upper 30s. Monday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Highs in the lower 60s. Monday Night Rain likely. Lows in the lower 40s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 50s. Tuesday Night Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the mid 40s. Wednesday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light rain. Highs in the lower 60s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of light rain. Lows in the upper 40s. Thursday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of light rain. Highs in the mid 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE