Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedSW 5 mph
Barometer30.37 in (1029.5 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Atlanta, De Kalb-Peachtree Airport (KPDK)
Lat: 33.88 Lon: -84.3 Elev: 1001ft.
This Afternoon Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight Cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 5 mph after midnight. Sunday A slight chance of showers in the morning...then showers in the afternoon. Highs 51 to 57. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent. Sunday Night Showers. Lows in the upper 30s. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent. Monday Partly sunny in the morning then clearing. Highs in the mid 40s. Northwest winds around 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Monday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 20s. Tuesday Sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Tuesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 30. Wednesday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the mid 30s. Thursday Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of rain. Highs around 50. Thursday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain...freezing rain and snow. Lows in the upper 20s. Friday Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE