Heavy lake-effect snow continues across lower Great Lakes
Another round of heavy lake-effect snow is forecast for the Great Lakes through mid-day Friday. An additional 30 inches or more could fall in some locations, on top of the impressive amounts that have fallen already. This will result in very difficult or nearly impossible travel at times in the heaviest snow bands. The snow should taper off during the morning on Friday.
Wind SpeedW 6 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Winder-Barrow Airport (KWDR)
Lat: 33.98 Lon: -83.67 Elev: 942ft.
Tonight Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Light northwest winds. Friday Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon. Friday Night Clear. Lows in the lower 30s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. East winds around 10 mph. Saturday Night Showers likely after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Sunday Showers with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 90 percent. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 50s. Chance of rain 50 percent. Monday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 70s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Tuesday Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs around 60. Tuesday Night Mostly clear with a 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 30s. Wednesday Sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Wednesday Night Clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Thanksgiving Day Sunny. Highs in the mid 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE