Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 346 AM CST SUN DEC 21 2014
Laguna Madre From the Port Of Brownsville to the Arroyo Colorado
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST
1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE
HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
- SynopsisLIGHT NORTHEAST WINDS AND LOW TO MODERATE SEAS WILL
PREVAIL TODAY. WINDS WILL BECOME LIGHT SOUTH TONIGHT AND
MONDAY...INCREASING TO MODERATE SOUTHEAST BY MONDAY AFTERNOON.
SEAS WILL REMAIN LOW TO MODERATE THROUGH MONDAY. A STRONG COLD
FRONT WILL ARRIVE ON TUESDAY...PRODUCING GALE FORCE GUSTS OF WIND
FROM THE NORTH AND HIGH SEAS. HAZARDOUS MARINE CONDITIONS WILL
THEN PERSIST THROUGH WEDNESDAY.
- Today Northeast winds 7 to 11 knots. A light chop on the bay. Slight chance of light rain in the morning...then chance of light rain in the afternoon.
- Tonight Northeast winds 7 to 8 knots in the evening becoming light. A light chop on the bay subsiding to smooth after midnight. Slight chance of light rain.
- Monday Light winds becoming south 9 to 12 knots. Smooth on the bay increasing to a moderate chop.
- Monday Night South winds 9 to 14 knots. A moderate chop on the bay.
- Tuesday Southwest winds 10 to 15 knots becoming west 15 to 20 knots late in the morning...then becoming northwest 24 to 29 knots with gusts to around 42 knots in the afternoon. A moderate chop on the bay increasing to choppy late in the morning...then increasing to very rough in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night North winds 20 to 25 knots with gusts to around 36 knots becoming northwest 16 to 21 knots after midnight. Rough on the bay subsiding to choppy after midnight.
- Wednesday South winds 14 to 19 knots. Choppy on the bay.
- Thursday South winds 12 to 17 knots. A moderate chop on the bay.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Laguna Madre From the Port Of Brownsville to the Arroyo Colorado
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE