Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 334 AM CDT TUE SEP 30 2014
Laguna Madre From the Port Of Brownsville to the Arroyo Colorado
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisLIGHT TO MODERATE NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS WILL PERSIST
THROUGH THE DAY DUE TO A LOW PRESSURE OVER SOUTH TEXAS. WINDS WILL
TURN EAST TO SOUTHEAST WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY AS THE TROUGH
DISSIPATES AND A COLD FRONT MOVES INTO NORTH TEXAS. THIS FRONT IS
EXPECTED TO MOVE SLOWLY SOUTH INTO THE LOWER TEXAS COASTAL WATERS
FRIDAY IN A MUCH TURNING WINDS BACK TO THE NORTHEAST. A SLIGHT TO
MODERATE SEA WILL PERSIST. A FEW SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED THROUGH MID
WEEK WITH A INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND THUNDERSTORMS AS THE COLD
- Today Light winds becoming east 7 to 10 knots in the afternoon. Smooth on the bay increasing to a light chop in the afternoon. Isolated showers.
- Tonight South winds 7 to 10 knots. A light chop on the bay.
- Wednesday South winds 7 to 8 knots becoming southeast 11 to 14 knots. A light chop on the bay increasing to a moderate chop.
- Wednesday Night South winds 10 to 14 knots. A moderate chop on the bay.
- Thursday South winds 10 to 13 knots shifting southeast 12 to 16 knots in the late morning and afternoon. A moderate chop on the bay. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- Thursday Night South winds 9 to 14 knots decreasing to 7 to 8 knots early in the morning. A moderate chop on the bay decreasing to a light chop early in the morning. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight.
- Friday Northeast winds 7 to 11 knots. A light chop on the bay. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- Saturday Northeast winds 8 to 13 knots. A moderate chop on the bay. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Laguna Madre From the Port Of Brownsville to the Arroyo Colorado
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE