Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 347 AM CDT TUE OCT 21 2014
Laguna Madre From the Port Of Brownsville to the Arroyo Colorado
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST
1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE
HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE SOUTHWEST GULF OF MEXICO WILL
INTERACT WITH HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE NORTHERN GULF PRODUCING A
MODERATE EAST TO NORTHEAST WIND ALONG WITH A MODERATE SEA TODAY.
THE GRADIENT STRENGTHENS TUESDAY EVENING WITH A STRONGER NORTHEAST
WIND AND HIGHER SEA DEVELOPING WEDNESDAY AND POSSIBLY LINGERING
INTO THURSDAY DEPENDING ON FUTURE DEVELOPMENT OF A TROPICAL LOW
OVER THE BAY OF CAMPECHE. THIS LOW IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN WELL
SOUTH OF THE LOWER TEXAS GULF WATERS WITH MODERATE TO HIGH SWELL
BEING THE MAIN IMPACT.
- Today Northeast winds 9 to 14 knots shifting east 12 to 15 knots in the afternoon. A moderate chop on the bay. Isolated showers through the day.
- Tonight East winds 10 to 15 knots shifting northeast 9 to 12 knots early in the morning. A moderate chop on the bay.
- Wednesday Northeast winds 9 to 14 knots. A moderate chop on the bay. Isolated showers in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night East winds 9 to 14 knots diminishing to 7 to 10 knots after midnight. A moderate chop on the bay subsiding to a light chop after midnight.
- Thursday East winds 7 to 11 knots. A light chop on the bay.
- Thursday Night East winds 7 to 11 knots in the evening becoming light. A light chop on the bay subsiding to smooth after midnight.
- Friday East winds 7 to 8 knots. A light chop on the bay.
- Saturday Southeast winds 7 to 9 knots. A light chop on the bay.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Laguna Madre From the Port Of Brownsville to the Arroyo Colorado
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE