Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 930 PM CST SAT NOV 22 2014
Lake Pontchartrain/Lake Maurepas
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE
HIGHEST TEN PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA VIGOROUS STORM SYSTEM WILL SWEEP ACROSS THE LOWER MISSISSIPPI
VALLEY WITH A DEEPENING SURFACE LOW MOVING THROUGH THE RED RIVER
VALLEY AND INTO THE OZARKS THIS WEEKEND. THE SURFACE LOW WILL
QUICKLY MOVE NORTH TOWARDS THE GREAT LAKES AND A COLD FRONT WILL
EVENTUALLY SWING THROUGH THE AREA MON.
- Tonight Southeast winds 15 to 25 knots. Waves 3 to 5 feet. showers and thunderstorms...mainly late.
- Sunday Southwest winds 15 to 25 knots. Waves 3 to 5 feet. Showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night West winds 15 to 20 knots. Waves 3 to 4 feet.
- Monday Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Waves 2 to 3 feet.
- Monday Night North winds 10 to 15 knots. Waves 2 to 3 feet.
- Tuesday North winds 10 to 15 knots. Waves 2 to 3 feet.
- Tuesday Night Northwest winds near 10 knots. Waves 2 feet.
- Wednesday West winds near 10 knots. Waves 1 to 2 feet.
- Wednesday Night West winds 5 to 10 knots. Waves 1 to 2 feet.
- Thursday West winds 5 to 10 knots. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Thursday Night North winds 5 to 10 knots. Waves 1 foot or less.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Pontchartrain/Lake Maurepas
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE