Severe Storms and Heavy Rain Possible Later This Afternoon Into Tonight
A few severe storms with damaging winds and large hail are expected later today from parts of Illinois into lower Michigan. A somewhat longer-duration severe storm threat is expected this afternoon into tonight from the Kansas/Oklahoma border region into southern Missouri, where a couple tornadoes will also be possible.
Wind SpeedW 15 G 23 mph
Barometer29.81 in (1008.5 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Heat Index78°F (26°C)
Current conditions at
Ames Municipal Airport (KAMW)
Lat: 41.99 Lon: -93.62 Elev: 955ft.
Rest Of Today Mostly sunny. Isolated thunderstorms early in the afternoon. High in the upper 70s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of thunderstorms 20 percent. Tonight Partly cloudy. Low in the upper 50s. West wind around 5 mph. Tuesday Sunny. High in the upper 70s. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Tuesday Night Mostly clear. Low in the lower 60s. South wind around 5 mph. Wednesday Partly sunny. Breezy. High in the mid 80s. South wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the afternoon. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Low in the lower 70s. Thursday Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms. High in the mid 80s. Thursday Night And Friday Mostly cloudy. A 50 percent chance of thunderstorms. Low in the mid 60s. High 74 to 86. Friday Night And Saturday Mostly cloudy. Low in the mid 50s. High in the lower 70s. Saturday Night And Sunday Partly cloudy. Low in the lower 50s. High in the lower 70s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE