Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
Current conditions at
Wise / Lonesome Pine (KLNP)
Lat: 36.98 Lon: -82.53 Elev: 2680ft.
Today Mostly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Areas of fog early. Highs around 80. Light winds. Tonight Mostly clear. Areas of valley fog developing late. Lows in the lower 50s in the valleys and in the upper 50s on the ridges. Light winds. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Light winds. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms late. Lows 60 to 65. Light winds. Chance of rain 30 percent. Friday Showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Cooler. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Friday Night Mostly cloudy with showers likely. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Saturday Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Much cooler. Highs in the upper 50s. Saturday Night And Sunday Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Highs in the lower 60s. Sunday Night Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Monday Through Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s. Lows around 50.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE