Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Current conditions at
Pitt-Greenville Airport (KPGV)
Lat: 35.63 Lon: -77.4 Elev: 26ft.
Rest Of Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds. Friday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds...becoming north around 10 mph in the afternoon. Friday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 20 percent. Saturday Mostly cloudy. Rain...mainly in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy with rain in the evening...then partly cloudy with a chance of rain after midnight. Breezy with lows in the mid 30s. North winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Sunday Night Clear. Lows around 30. Monday Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Monday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 30s. Tuesday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Wednesday Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows around 50. Thursday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs around 70.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE