Severe weather possible for parts of Mid-Atlantic Friday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe weather Friday afternoon and evening. Scattered strong to severe storms are expected to develop across southeast Virginia and eastern North Carolina. The main threats will be damaging winds and large hail. By Saturday, attention will turn to the central U.S. where a much more significant episode of severe weather is forecast.
Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
Current conditions at
Marion / Wytheville (KMKJ)
Lat: 36.9 Lon: -81.35 Elev: 2559ft.
Overnight Partly cloudy late this evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Not as cool with lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds. Friday Showers. Highs in the upper 60s. South winds around 10 mph...becoming southwest with gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 90 percent. Friday Night Partly cloudy with a chance of showers in the evening...then mostly clear after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Saturday Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Sunday And Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s. Lows in the upper 40s. Monday Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of rain. Cooler with highs in the mid 60s. Monday Night Cloudy. Rain likely...mainly after midnight. Lows in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday Rain likely in the morning...then showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday Night Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms in the evening...then showers likely after midnight. Lows around 50. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday Showers likely in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening...then a chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Thursday Partly sunny. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE