Issued by NWS Northern Indiana
WGUS83 KIWX 171240
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
840 AM EDT WED AUG 17 2016
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers...
Kankakee River at Davis affecting La Porte...Starke and St. Joseph
.Recent heavy rainfall has led to rises on area rivers. The Kankakee river at
Davis is starting to crest and should gradually fall through this week.
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep
to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood
waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further
statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the
internet at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes.
All times are in Eastern Time. This statement will be updated in
about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.
740 AM CDT WED AUG 17 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
The Kankakee River at Davis
* until further notice.
* At 7 AM Wednesday the stage was 12.8 feet and slowly rising.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will rise to a crest near 12.9 feet around 1
PM Wednesday August 17 and begin falling.
* At 13.0 feet...Extensive agricultural flooding is in progress.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 12.9 feet which occurred
on Apr 29 2011.
LAT...LON 4145 8667 4144 8661 4130 8673 4131 8679