Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1028.6 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Lubbock International Airport (KLBB)
Lat: 33.66 Lon: -101.82 Elev: 3215ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Periods of flurries before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 23. East northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -1. East wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Occasional freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 14. Wind chill values as low as -5. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Occasional freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -3. Southeast wind around 10 mph becoming south southwest after midnight.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north northeast after midnight.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest after midnight.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 37. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hale County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE