Nor'easter winding down as new system approaches Northeast, record-breaking warmth continues across central U.S.
The nor'easter that brought 2-3 feet of snow to parts of the Northeast is winding down, with heavy snow and strong winds continuing across eastern Maine on Wednesday. Another round of snow is expected across the Northeast Thursday into Friday. Meanwhile, temperatures as much as 25-35 degrees above normal will continue across the central U.S.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedW 7 mph
Current conditions at
Plainview, Hale County Airport (KPVW)
Lat: 34.17 Lon: -101.72 Elev: 3373ft.
Tonight Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday Much cooler. Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Thursday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Friday Colder...cloudy. Slight chance of snow in the morning... Then rain and snow likely in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Friday Night Rain and snow. Lows in the lower 30s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Saturday Rain and snow likely. Highs in the lower 40s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy with chance of rain and slight chance of snow. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Sunday Night Mostly clear. Colder. Lows around 20. Monday Sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Monday Night Mostly clear. Lows around 30. Tuesday Mostly sunny. Not as cool. Highs in the lower 60s. Tuesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE