Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1024.8 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Calm wind.
- Saturday Snow likely before 10am, then rain, snow, and sleet likely between 10am and 1pm, then rain after 1pm. High near 37. Light east wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before midnight. Low around 33. Northeast wind 6 to 13 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 8 to 16 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE