Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 5 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1025.2 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Light south wind.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow between 8am and 2pm, then rain. High near 41. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE