Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
- Barometer30.36 in (1028.3 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Annapolis (U.S. Naval Academy) (KNAK)
Lat: 38.98 Lon: -76.48 Elev: 7ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 43. North wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 31. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Snow before noon, then freezing rain and sleet between noon and 3pm, then rain after 3pm. High near 35. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after midnight. Low around 34. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain. High near 43. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Rain likely before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Anne Arundel County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE