Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 5 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1024.2 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 22. West wind around 6 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 32. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 6 to 11 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Rain and snow showers. High near 40. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE