Severe Weather, Wintry Weather and Flash Flooding all possible on Saturday
A complex and large storm system brings a variety of weather concerns to much of the country today. For parts of the Ohio, Tennessee and Mississippi River Valleys severe weather is possible. In these areas, the main threat is expected to be damaging winds with a few tornadoes possible. In parts of the Southern Plains, Midwest and New England wintry weather is expected.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Breezy
- Wind SpeedS 23 G 30 mph
- Barometer29.85 in (1010.3 mb)
- Dewpoint66°F (19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers and thunderstorms. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds. Low around 67. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Showers and thunderstorms likely before 9am, then a chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 67. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Light northwest wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 43 by 5pm. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 24.
- Christmas Day Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE