Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNW 21 G 30 mph
- Barometer29.79 in (1008.4 mb)
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 30. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 51.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE