Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 9 mph
- Barometer30.42 in (1031.6 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Bloomington, Monroe County Airport (KBMG)
Lat: 39.14 Lon: -86.62 Elev: 866ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 33. South southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 28. South southeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow, mainly before 2pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 35. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Monroe County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE