Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 8 mph
- Barometer29.81 in (1009.1 mb)
- Dewpoint47°F (8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill52°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Bloomington, Monroe County Airport (KBMG)
Lat: 39.14 Lon: -86.62 Elev: 866ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 30 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 53. West wind around 11 mph.
- Thursday A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 38 by 5pm. West northwest wind 9 to 11 mph. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Rain and sleet before 10pm, then snow and sleet between 10pm and 4am, then snow after 4am. Low around 26. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Snow. High near 27. North wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. North northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Monroe County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE