Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
- Barometer30.37 in (1028.7 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Charlotte/Douglas International Airport (KCLT)
Lat: 35.21 Lon: -80.94 Elev: 758ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 52. Calm wind becoming south southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Light and variable wind becoming north northwest around 6 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 46. North northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. West northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming south southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A chance of rain, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain. High near 45. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mecklenburg County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE