Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 5 mph
- Barometer30.44 in
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Monticello Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KMSV)
Lat: 41.71 Lon: -74.8 Elev: 1404ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 3am, then snow and freezing rain between 3am and 4am, then freezing rain after 4am. Low around 20. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, snow, and freezing rain before 4pm, then a chance of rain and snow between 4pm and 5pm, then a chance of drizzle and snow after 5pm. High near 35. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 11 to 17 mph.
- Tuesday Cloudy, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind 13 to 17 mph.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sullivan County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE