Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.34 in (1028.7 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Fort Wayne International Airport (KFWA)
Lat: 41.01 Lon: -85.2 Elev: 817ft.
Fort Wayne IN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly before 3pm. High near 24. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -5. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -10. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 20.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Allen County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE