Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.39 in (1029.5 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Greenville Downtown Airport (KGMU)
Lat: 34.85 Lon: -82.35 Elev: 1048ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 49. North wind around 6 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 27. North northeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 52. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A chance of rain, mainly after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. High near 43. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 9pm, then rain likely. Low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Greenville, SC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE