Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.04 in (1017.2 mb)
- Dewpoint40°F (4°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill38°F (3°C)
Current conditions at
Huntsville International / Jones Field (KHSV)
Lat: 34.66 Lon: -86.77 Elev: 624ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 44. North wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 35. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 42. North wind around 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 37. East wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 49. East wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 46. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 47. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Madison County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE