Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 9 mph
- Barometer30.40 in
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Las Cruces Intl Airport (KLRU)
Lat: 32.3 Lon: -106.77 Elev: 4570ft.
Las Cruces NM
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. North northeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday A 10 percent chance of showers before noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. West wind 5 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. North wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. East northeast wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 50. Light and variable wind.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest around 5 mph after midnight.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 56. North wind around 5 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 61.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 62.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Dona Ana County/Mesilla Valley, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE