Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.8 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill38°F (3°C)
Current conditions at
Louisville, Standiford Field (KSDF)
Lat: 38.19 Lon: -85.73 Elev: 481ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. South wind around 6 mph.
- Tonight A chance of rain and sleet before 10pm, then rain, snow, and sleet likely between 10pm and 1am, then rain and snow after 1am. Low around 32. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 8 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 40. East wind around 7 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE