Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 17 G 31 mph
- Barometer29.73 in (1006.5 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Louisville, Standiford Field (KSDF)
Lat: 38.19°N Lon: 85.73°W Elev: 481ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Scattered showers. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 40. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight A slight chance of rain showers before 7pm, then scattered flurries between 7pm and 8pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 9 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 42. Wind chill values as low as 8. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32. South wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE