Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.25 in (1024.3 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU)
Lat: 41.64 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 155ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 16. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Sunday A chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 32. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 3am, then snow and sleet likely between 3am and 5am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Freezing rain and sleet likely before 9am, then rain and sleet likely between 9am and 11am, then rain likely after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 43. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain and sleet before 10pm, then a slight chance of freezing rain and sleet between 10pm and 2am, then a slight chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Dutchess, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE