Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 5 mph
- Barometer30.06 in (1017.6 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill41°F (5°C)
Current conditions at
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU)
Lat: 41.64 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 155ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 42. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3am. Low around 29. North wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 39. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Light and variable wind.
- Sunday Night Periods of snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Periods of snow and sleet before 11am, then periods of rain. High near 44. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Dutchess, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE