Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.02 in (1017.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-11°F (-24°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-11°F (-24°C)
Current conditions at
Sault Ste. Marie (KANJ)
Lat: 46.49°N Lon: 84.37°W Elev: 718ft.
Sault Sainte Marie MI
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny and cold, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -12. North wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -12. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -12. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A chance of snow before 9pm, then a chance of flurries after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 16. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A chance of flurries before 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 13.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Chippewa County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE