Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 9 MPH
- Barometer30.06 in (1019.0 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Salinas, Salinas Municipal Airport (KSNS)
Lat: 36.66361 Lon: -121.60806 Elev: 82ft.
6 Miles SSE San Juan Bautista CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain before 4am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Low around 38. South southwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers before 10am. Partly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 40 by 11am, then falling to around 35 during the remainder of the day. West northwest wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Areas of frost after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 31. North northwest wind around 6 mph becoming east northeast after midnight.
- Sunday Areas of frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 39. Northeast wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 30. North wind around 6 mph becoming southeast in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Friday A slight chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mountains Of San Benito County And Interior Monterey County Including Pinnacles National Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE