Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 5 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1025.2 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Washington-Dulles International Airport (KIAD)
Lat: 38.96 Lon: -77.45 Elev: 290ft.
2 Miles WNW Washington-Dulles International Airport VA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. West wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow before 1pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 34. Southeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before midnight. Low around 33. East wind around 6 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Loudoun County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE