Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNW 13 mph
- Barometer30.00 in (1016.9 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Johnstown-Cambria County Airport (KJST)
Lat: 40.33 Lon: -78.83 Elev: 2280ft.
4 Miles WSW Sproul PA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain before 4pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet. High near 35. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then a chance of snow. Low around 24. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then snow and sleet. High near 26. Southeast wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain before 1am, then rain or freezing rain. Low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain before 1pm, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bedford County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE