Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer29.71 in (1006.2 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Islip, Long Island Mac Arthur Airport (KISP)
Lat: 40.8°N Lon: 73.1°W Elev: 84ft.
Stony Brook NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Light and variable wind.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after 2pm. High near 46. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Low around 23. Blustery, with a southeast wind 11 to 16 mph becoming north 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Blustery.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northwest Suffolk, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE