Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 7 G 18 mph
- Barometer29.64 in (1003.9 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill45°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl Airport (KAVP)
Lat: 41.33°N Lon: 75.73°W Elev: 930ft.
7 Miles NNE Fairmount Springs PA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 47. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around 35. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Wednesday A chance of snow before 9am, then snow and sleet. High near 37. North wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around 3 inches.
- Wednesday Night Snow likely, mainly before 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 11. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Luzerne County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE