Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 6 km/h
- Barometer30.48 in (1034.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-11°C (12°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Binghamton Regional Airport (KBGM)
Lat: 42.23 Lon: -75.98 Elev: 1600ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, with a high near -2. Northwest wind 5 to 8 km/h becoming calm.
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around -3. Southeast wind 11 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of a centimeter possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of around 2 centimeters.
- Monday Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 1pm, then a chance of rain between 1pm and 2pm, then a chance of rain showers after 2pm. High near 5. Southeast wind 10 to 16 km/h becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday Night A chance of rain showers before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 8pm and 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. West wind 11 to 16 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday A chance of flurries before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -1. West wind 11 to 16 km/h.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -3.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Susquehanna County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE