Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 3 mph
- Barometer29.95 in (1015.1 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
Morrisville-Stowe State Airport (KMVL)
Lat: 44.53 Lon: -72.61 Elev: 732ft.
5 Miles ENE Underhill Center VT
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Breezy, with a south wind around 23 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain or freezing rain likely before 2am, then sleet likely between 2am and 4am, then snow showers and sleet likely after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph becoming west 9 to 14 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Friday A chance of snow showers before noon, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. West wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night A chance of snow between 10pm and 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as -1. West wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 24. West wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Northwest wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Southeast wind 6 to 14 mph.
- Monday Snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Southeast wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Night Snow showers, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. West wind around 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 24. West wind 16 to 18 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. West wind 15 to 18 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17. West wind 15 to 17 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lamoille County, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE