Heavy lake-effect snow continues across lower Great Lakes
Another round of heavy lake-effect snow is forecast for the Great Lakes through mid-day Friday. An additional 30 inches or more could fall in some locations, on top of the impressive amounts that have fallen already. This will result in very difficult or nearly impossible travel at times in the heaviest snow bands. The snow should taper off during the morning on Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
29NM W Traverse City MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:37 am EST Nov 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am EST Nov 21, 2014-6pm EST Nov 27, 2014
- Today W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A chance of rain. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of rain. Areas of fog. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind around 15 kt. Rain. Areas of fog. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Rain. Areas of fog. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday W wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night WNW wind around 10 kt. Snow showers likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WNW wind around 10 kt. Snow showers likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE