Severe weather expected for Upper Midwest on Wednesday
A potent storm system will bring a chance of severe thunderstorms to parts of the Upper Midwest on Wednesday and Wednesday night. Very large hail, damaging wind gusts, tornadoes and heavy rain are possible with these storms.
29NM W Traverse City MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:26 am EDT Sep 3, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am EDT Sep 3, 2014-6pm EDT Sep 9, 2014
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 2pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SSW wind around 15 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday W wind around 10 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN THE VICINITY OF THUNDERSTORMS.
SEE THE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR DAYS 3 THROUGH 5.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE