Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
29NM W Traverse City MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:37 am EDT Oct 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am EDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm EST Nov 6, 2014
- Overnight N wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday N wind 20 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Showers before 8am, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 8am and 2pm, then showers after 2pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NNE wind 10 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered flurries before noon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE