The flash flooding threat shifts slightly east on Friday while both coasts and Hawaii continue high surf issues due to tropical systems
The potential for heavy rainfall and flash flooding will shift east on Friday across parts of the Upper Midwest into the eastern Great Lakes. Meanwhile, portions of both the East and West Coasts, as well as Hawaii, will continue to have high surf and rip current potential due to Hurricane Cristobal and Tropical Storm Marie respectively. Caution should be used on area beaches.
29NM W Traverse City MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:26 pm EDT Aug 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12am EDT Aug 29, 2014-6pm EDT Sep 4, 2014
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly after 5am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind around 10 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind around 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers before 2am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day S wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN THE VICINITY OF THUNDERSTORMS.
SEE THE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR DAYS 3 THROUGH 5.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE