Relatively quiet weather pattern over much of the U.S.
A quieter weather pattern will continue to set up for most of the U.S. as arctic air continues to surge southward behind a cold front sweeping across the Southeast U.S. Expect temperatures to be 10 to 30 degrees below climate averages from the southern Plains to the Northeast on Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
20NM W Traverse City MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:33 am EST Mar 6, 2015
Forecast Valid: 7am EST Mar 6, 2015-6pm EDT Mar 12, 2015
- Today SSW wind 15 to 20 kt increasing to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 kt. Increasing clouds. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight WSW wind 15 to 20 kt decreasing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Snow likely before 1am, then a chance for flurries. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WSW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE