Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.52 in (1034.2 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 39. North wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Rain, mainly before 4pm. High near 47. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northwest Monroe, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE