Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedVrbl 6 mph
- Barometer29.99 in (1015.0 mb)
- Dewpoint47°F (8°C)
- Visibility1.00 mi
- Wind Chill48°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
5 Miles E Townsend TN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 66. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 39. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 48. North wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of rain, mainly after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight.
- Sunday Rain. High near 46. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 51. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sevier Smoky Mountains, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE